Handwriting Rescue Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
Improve your Penmanship and everyday Handwriting in this 3 hour workshop hosted by Theresa D. Varela, a professional calligrapher, hand lettering artist and graphic designer. Refine your lettering forms, create your own unique style and leave with handwriting that is legible and pleasing to the eye.
Think of the many ways you can show off your new and improved handwriting:
• Holiday Cards
• Thank You Notes
• Even making lists and taking class notes!
Commit to practicing your penmanship in only 10-15 minutes a day and you will see a marked improvement in no time at all!
During this 3-hour workshop you will learn:
• Basic letterforms in both block and italic styles. These form the basis of many lettering styles.
• How different lettering forms may be better suited to different tasks.
• Setting up your writing space for optimal results.
• How to change elements in your handwriting to achieve different styles - your own creative twists!
• Tips for handwriting practice
• How speed and legibility can be achieved just by altering styles!
All Supplies are Included!
You will receive practice sheets, handouts and alphabet exemplars to refer to after class, as well as a list of resources for supplies and further study options. We will be using pencils and a variety of pens to find what suits you best! Feel free to bring your favorite fountain or gel pens to experiment with as well!
All supplies are included in the class but you can also purchase the Kakuno fountain pen (the perfect fountain pen for beginners) and Rhoda or Mnemosyne Paper, all available at Pennysmiths Paper locally.
This class is the perfect beginner class if you are interested in learning calligraphy and creative lettering!
This class is 15 and up only (please ask about upcoming kids' classes!)
Door prizes and special surprises!
- SSS - Handwriting Rescue$59.33$59.330$0